Pattern 15 ( Hexagonal Stitch ) – Embossed Knitting Stitches

This pattern is very beautiful and usable in many models especially for babies.

Although at first it seems a little complicated, once you make the first rows , it comes very easy and enjoyable.

Instruction:

Row 1)  2 knits, 2 purls,… up to the end

Row 2)  knit and purl as they appear,…up to the end

Row 3)  2 knits, 2 purls,…up to the end

Row 4)  2 knits, 2 purls, * then insert right needle between 6th and 7th stitches in the left needle from front side,while the yarn is behind the work, and turn yarn around the right needle and pull it out .Now knit the pulled yarn with the first stitch in the left needle and continue with one more knit, then 2 purls, 2 knits. here the first line is complete. Then purl 2 more stitches and repeat from *

NOTE: no matter of how many stitches you have and with which stitch you have started , the pulled yarn will cover (2knits+2purls+2knits )

Row 5,6,7 ) knit and purl as they appear,…up to the end

Row 8 ) (2 knits, 2 purls) twice, then repeat from *

Watch the video :

About Fariba Zahed

When I was child, my mom and grandma used to knit during the winters. I was in 5 when I made my first stitch with my grandma's help. The excitement of making the first stitch made me passionate about learning it in the later years. Little by little, I found knitting really enjoyable and entertaining. Today, scientists have discovered knitting can reduce the stress level and prevent Alzheimers in older ages. Years of experience in knitting have made it clear for me that the best way to teach knitting to someone is through showing it practically. Sometimes it's hard to understand what the writer means when they are explaining a specific pattern, so learning through watching is the best way. Beside that, watching is common language worldwide. Here, I am sharing the patterns and models that I have learned during the years by capturing step by step videos. I hope this weblog will help people who have the enthusiasm of knitting and people who want to learn knitting for any reason.
Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Pattern 15 ( Hexagonal Stitch ) – Embossed Knitting Stitches

1. bhavani says:

nice watch the videos. beret hat with straight needles turned out very nice. can we use pattern 15 for a ladies cardigan.if so how many stiches will be required

• FeAdmin says:

Absolutely you can use pattern 15 for a cardigan, however I am not sure how many stitches you will require to cast on. It depends on the pattern you wanna follow.

2. Feriba says:

It means;
    if you end up the first row by 2 knit stitches, you should start the 2nd row by 2 purl stitches, and continue with 2 knit, 2 purl and so on
    if you end up the first row by 2 purl stitches, you should start the 2nd row by 2 knit stitches, and continue with 2 purl, 2 knit and so on
    if you end up the first row by 1 knit stitches, you should start the 2nd row by 1 purl stitches, and continue with 2 knit, 2 purl and so on
    if you end up the first row by 1 purl stitches, you should start the 2nd row by 1 knit stitches, and continue with 2 purl, 2 knit and so on

3. Fariba Zahed says:

If you are just practicing the pattern, I suggest you to start, at least, with 28 stitches. Since the pattern is mainly formed in front side of the project, and all return rows are simply purled, there is not any obligation for number of stitches. However, having even number of stitches will help you in figuring out the pattern easily.

4. Fariba Zahed says:

Bale albatte ke mitunid!
    Moafagh bashid

5. Fariba Zahed says:

Row 8 ) (2 knits, 2 purls) twice, then repeat from *

It means knit 2, Purl 2, knit 2, Purl 2, then repeat the step from part of row 4.